Saturday, June 7, 2014

College Pasta

I do not own this picture


So.... I know I haven't uploaded anything on here in a while. Anyways, what I'm about to post is a pasta recipe. I call it 'College Pasta' because I'm a college student, while school's in session, I live in school (it's hours away from home) and when I need to cook something quickly, I make pasta and it tastes good!
So, this is basically a quick and easy recipe. Here are the ingredients:


Ingredients

Organic Italian Spaghetti (or any pasta of your choice)
Water
Dolmio Tomato Sauce (Spicy)
Shallots
Spinach (optional)
Salt
Nigerian Pepper (courtesy of my mum ;))*
Olive Oil or Sunflower Oil

*Wanna get your hands on some Nigerian Pepper? You can find it in some Indian shacks or Indian Supermarkets in England


Method


  • Put some pasta into a pot or pan
  • Boil some water and pour it over the pasta, salt the water and turn the heat up to max. 
  • While the pasta is cooking
  • In a pan, heat up a few sprays of extra virgin olive oil or about a teaspoon-tablespoon of sunflower oil.
  • One the oil is hot, stir in the shallots, salt them and let them cook till their colour starts to change.
  • If you choose to cook with spinach, cut it irregularly, stir it into the onions and let it wilt a bit
  • Stir in he tomato sauce and cook until it starts to reduce.
  • Season with salt and African pepper and stir well.
  • In small bits, add the pasta to the pan tossing or stirring after each portion added.
  • Cook for about a minute seasoning a little more.
  • Add about a tablespoon of the Dolmio tomato sauce, stir, turn off the heat
  • Serve

Yum!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment