Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The Real Orange Juice


I call this 'The Real Orange Juice' because it is some really ORANGE juice. It's super healthy (loads of health benefits) and also super yummy. Back in Somerset, I used to walk down to a little store that we called 'Mozzies' (not its real name, though) and I bought some orange and carrot juice there that I loved. Since I got back to Southampton, I have kind of craved this juice for a while so today, I decided to try making it. It was a messy job (the juicer needs a guard or something at the tap area), but this juice tastes really good!

So, here's my recipe:

Ingredients

6 carrots
2 oranges


Method

In a juicer, juice 6 relatively long carrots. When done, place a sieve over the container (I used a jug) you juiced the carrots into. Place the oranges on a hard flat surface (I used the kitchen counter) and press down on it with either your palm or the side of your hand and roll the orange on the surface till it feels soft all over. Then cut it in half and hand squeeze it into the container with the carrot juice making sure the orange juice goes through the sieve (to prevent seeds from getting into the drink).
Et voila! That's all!

Ensure you shake or stir the juice before drinking it each time as the carrot juice will separate over time.

I promise you, this juice tastes really good!

Let me know what you think if you try it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment