Monday, December 16, 2013

An Amazing and Healthy Wrap



I made wraps yesterday for my cousins and I and they tasted WAY better than I expected so I decided to tell you guys about it and give you my recipe.

So, the wraps were healthy and I know people that that word (healthy) makes them cringe. Guess which word in this almost makes them stop breathing: it's vegetarian too.

I'm vegetarian so it is expected that when I cook, there's a 99% chance that I'm going to make something vegetarian and a 95% chance I'm going to make something vegan.

Okay! So here are the ingredients:

  • Cut and frozen bell peppers (red, green, yellow and orange)
  • Sunflower Oil
  • Frozen plum tomatoes
  • Frozen onions
  • Eggs
  • Salt
  • Wraps (bought from ASDA)
  • Peri-peri sauce
Here's how this delicious wrap was made (oh! and I made this for 5 people):
  • I got out as much of the peppers, onions and tomatoes as I thought was needed and put the rest back in the freezer (you shouldn't let them defrost if you're not going to use them immediately)
  • In a sauce pan, I heated up about a tablespoon of sunflower oil then tossed the onions in and sprinkled some salt on them. I let them cook for a while before adding the tomatoes and stirring.
  • After about 2 minutes, I added the peppers, stirred it and left it to cook stirring occasionally.
  • I broke 11 eggs and beat them till they were fluffy, added a pinch of salt and beat them again.
  • In a large frying pan, I heated a little of sunflower oil then moved the pan around to make sure the oil got everywhere I thought the eggs would then I poured in the eggs.
  • As the eggs were heating up and the sides starting to solidify, I used the frying spatula to move those solidifying parts to the middle for a while (the liquid part of the eggs will run to where the solidifying parts were over from).
  • After doing that for a bit, I let the egg be and fry then I turned it over so the other side could fry. Once done, the eggs where cut up into much smaller bits and then put in a large bowl.
  • Still stirring the contents of the sauce pan occasionally, I added a bit more of the sunflower oil (because the water content from the frozen veggies had reduced till it was practically all gone). 
  • I stirred the contents up a bit more and let them cook then took the sauce pan off the heat once I thought the veggies were done.
  • The wraps were heated in the grill part of an oven (they had been kept in the freezer to preserve them between when they were bought (in October) and now).
  • Once the wraps were warm enough, they were placed on individual plate and one 1/3 of each wrap, the veggies where put in a vertical line then then the eggs put on on top of them. A few drops of peri-peri sauce was added then the wraps were rolled into a perfect cylinder with the veggies and eggs (with the peri-peri sauce on them, of course) in the middle of it. One end was folded up and that was it!
This wrap filled me up quickly (and 3 of the wraps filled up one of my cousins :) ). We all loved it and it was great that it was healthy.


Let me know if you try it out some time, okay?

Ciao,
~Sammy

No comments:

Post a Comment