Thursday, August 29, 2013

Healthy Little Sauce

><>


Hello, everyone,

When it comes to sauces, I prefer to work with only natural resources. This means that I prefer not to cook with things with synthetic ingredients. Therefore, I avoid tomato purées (I know some are said to be fully natural, but I still avoid all of them).

I just had a late dinner and I made a little sauce with it. With this sauce, my aim was to preserve as much of the nutrients in the ingredients as possible and to keep the sauce simple. So, I didn't cook the sauce for a long time. I'll put my recipe below:

Ingredients

A quarter of a red bell pepper
A little bit (less than the pepper) of an onion
A little sprinkle of black pepper
4 fresh tarragon leaves (picked from my garden)


Preparation

Slice the red pepper into not-so-thin strips and chop the onions and the tarragon.
Heat a little oil in a pan turning off the heat when the oil's hot.
Pour the ingredients together into the pan and stir for approximately 8 seconds.
Take the ingredients out of the pan and onto the dish you plan on serving it in.

And.....that's all.


With this process, a smaller amount of the nutrients in the ingredients are destroyed due to the heat used in cooking.

I am done eating and I can tell you that that little sauce was good!


Here's another healthy sauce recipe:

Ingredients

Fresh vine tomatoes sliced into quarters or sixths depending on the size of the tomato
Half of a medium sized onion, chopped
A pinch of black pepper
Herbs of your choice in your desired quantity
A tiny bit of ginger (and garlic if desired)
Bell peppers of your choice
A bit of olive oil


Preparation

Toss all the ingredients in a bowl till they are well mixed.
Cover the bowl with cling film making just one hole in the middle.
Keep the bowl in a warm, dry place for about 2-4 hours.

And....that's it! 


The second recipe doesn't require any cooking so, I guess it's even healthier. Okay! I don't guess. I KNOW it's healthier.

Let me know if you try out these recipes and what you think about them.

Enjoy! :)


><>

No comments:

Post a Comment